Version 01 Date Sept.02, 2019
Our privacy commitment:
- We respect your privacy and your choices.
- We will send you marketing communications unless you decide to be removed from our database. In this case, we are committed to do so as soon as possible.
- We will not process your personal data in ways that we have not told you about.
- We will never sell your personal data.
- We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
- We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use information from you.
- We respect your rights and will always try to accommodate your requests as far as possible, in line with our own legal and operational responsibilities.
What is personal data?
“Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. “Personal data” means any information that could identify you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. through pseudonymized data such as a unique number). This means that personal data include information like First/Last name, phone number, email address, company name, address, title/position, area of profession, interest area, and information about your work. It could also include your computer’s IP address or your mobile device’s address as well as cookies.
What information do we collect?
We only collect business and professional information to be used in our direct marketing, emails, E-newsletters, phone calls in order to market ERBC’s products and services. Moreover, we use this information internally in ERBC to improve customer experience, our website, marketing, sales and social media efforts.
In the paragraphs below, we explain in what context your personal data are collected and how we process them: we explain what activity you are involved in when we process your personal data and what types of personal data we may collect when you are involved in this same activity.
When visiting our website, your personal data are collected automatically by cookies. For information about cookies, please read the cookies paragraph.
Data related to your use of our websites including:
- Where you came from
- Pages you looked at: The titles and the URLs of the pages you are viewing
- Duration of your visit: Date and time of visit
- Your IP address (computer’s address)
- Visitor ID which is given to each visitor and the expiration date of the ID
Social Media browsing
We collect your personal data when you submit content on one of our social media platforms. Moreover, we gather social media statistics from the social media software platforms where ERBC is present. Currently, this is LinkedIn. The information is used for analytics views: numbers of visitor, impressions, visits, mentions, numbers of like and followers.
Web-page contact forms / Enquiries
We collect your personal data when you ask questions related to our products or activities or when we manage your enquiries from our websites contact forms.
Data related to your enquiries are:
- First name and Last Name
- Email address
- Company/Institution name
- Other information you have shared with us about yourself in relation with your enquiry
When you register for live or recorded ERBC webinars, we ask you to provide your contact information (First Name, Last Name, Email, Country, City, Organization, Job Title, Field of activity and specific questions related to the webinar topic). In addition, we collect and track webinar performance by analyzing the numbers of participants, the length of participation, the numbers of views and the questions that were asked). Your consent is required while registering to webinars.
Events (like Symposium)
When you register for our events, like symposium during congress, we collect and store your participation data (e.g contact and event participation details). Your consent is required while registering to symposiums.
E-Newsletters & Press releases
When you are registered in our database, you receive news about ERBC like E-newsletters or Press Releases. This means that you accept to receive information by e-mail. ERBC sends newsletters and emailing only to people listed in its database.
We collect and track newsletter performance by analyzing the opening rates, click rates etc… Your consent is required while registering to our E-newsletters and press releases. If you decide not to receive our emailing anymore, you can at any time opt out with the “unsubscribe” link at the foot of any email from ERBC.
What do we use your information for?
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience by being able to respond to your individual requirements
- To improve our service by evaluating your feedback and information
- To improve our customer service and technical support
- To send periodic emails including marketing emails – you can unsubscribe from any emailing through the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email
- To invite you to an event
Sharing of personal data
How do we protect and safeguard your personal information?
We aim at always keeping your data as safe and secure as possible. In this point of view, we have set up a variety of security, technological and organizational measures to protect your personal information of any unauthorized access, in compliance with the GDPR.
As ERBC contacts, your personal data are stored in our database system as long as your subscription to the newsletter or email services is active. Any recipient may request at any time to be removed from our contact database by writing an email to privacy(at)erbc-group(dot)com with “I wish to be removed from your contact Database” in your subject line and we will comply with that request.
As ERBC customers, your personal data are stored in our database system as long as we need them to provide you with your requested products and/or service(s). At the end of the customer relationship, your personal data will be kept in our database system as a contact and your subscription to the newsletter or email services will remain active as long as you do not unsubscribe.
Your right as a data subject
ERBC respects your right to privacy and you have the right, at any time:
To be informed and to request access: You can request to receive information from ERBC about your personal data we have in our database and how we use it. You can also receive a copy of this data.
To ask for rectification and / or completion: You have the right to ask for personal data rectification if these data are incorrect or completion if they are incomplete.
To ask for erasure (‘to be forgotten’): In some cases, your personal data can be erased or deleted. This might be the case:
- If you withdraw your consent.
- If you think that your personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose they have been collected, you can request their deletion.
- If your personal data were processed unlawfully, in contrary to other legal obligations or for a purpose that differs from what has been initially explained to you
- If you object the processing of your personal data
To require restriction of processing: You have the right to require the restriction of your personal data processing if one of the following conditions, set out in the General Data Protection Regulation, is met:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you for a period which allows us to verify the accuracy of these information.
- the processing is unlawful, and you refuse the deletion of the personal data and request that we restrict them instead;
- we no longer need your personal data for processing purposes, but you required them for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- you object us your personal data processing which is based on our legitimate interests, and it is not yet clear whether our legitimate reasons prevail over yours.
To object the processing: You have the right to object the processing of your personal data on compelling legitimate grounds relating to your particular situation. You may also object to our transfer of your data for direct marketing purposes, including any processing based on our legitimate interests. If your objection is justified, we will stop to process your personal data.
To request data portability: You have the right to move, copy or transfer personal data from our database to another or to transmit those data to another person without hindrance. You can also request to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
To revoke your consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data when such processing is based on consent. The revocation of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of our processing until the revocation.
To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to complain to a supervisory data protection authority of your country about our data protection and privacy practices.
We do not ask for, collect or retain any sensitive personal data in adherence to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) n°2016-679 , Article 9 “ Processing of special categories of personal data”: revealing any “racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation”.
We process personal data in adherence to EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Article 6 “Lawfulness of processing”.
ERBC Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
- Essential cookies: We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
- Google analytics cookies: ERBC likes to understand how visitors use our websites by using web analytics services. They count the number of visitors and tell us things about the visitors’ behaviour overall – such as identifying the search engine keywords that lead the user to the site, the typical length of stay on the site or the average number of pages a user views. For this purpose we use Google Analytics to track web statistics. In this case, Google will place a “3rd party cookie” on your computer. This is also the case when we use Google Maps.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
Where can you find more information about cookies?
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- CNIL: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-les-outils-pour-les-maitriser